Sunday 10 March 2013

2013 Family Challenge 6 - Bunting

I chose the theme for our challenge this week. I used dotted swiss paper for the card. The patterned paper and the hearts for the bunting are from the DCWV Grade School paper pack. For the bunting I punched out hearts and attached them to embroidery thread. I drew in the button holes and black thread to look as though the thread fed through each heart. I attached a metal heart to the one end and left it to dangle.
I sewed the two patterned papers and attached lace. I used a Martha Stewart heart border punch and added some ric rac and used a decorative scissors for the rounded edges of the paper.
I coloured my stamp in with Copics and punched out smaller hearts for the bunting she’s holding in her hands. I added some brads to the corners of the stamped image which was cut out and embossed with a Nestabilities, and a bit of Glossy Accents on the heart on her headband.
I printed the words tag on my computer.
I added some flowers, leaves and used Stickles all over.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, it's so colourful. That bunting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Pop back any time!